An idea Ashleigh and I have had is for the song 'Rumour' by Chloe Howl. We have decided as the song is pop/synthpop that our music video should follow the conventions which would mean making it narrative. Our story idea would be playing a game of poker as this links in with the lyrics "I'm just tryin' to work out//These cards I've been dealt" which features in the chorus.




As the the song is pop genre it is important to have close-up shots of the singer performing the song meaning we will need to have someone lip-syncing. I think it would be good to have the singer performing separate from the story of the poker game (although there will most likely be lip-syncing within the poker game). This would mean a minimum of two locations. This is similar to the original video as there is a contrast with the singer when she's dressed in the blue blazer and playing the chess games compared to when she is wearing the black or white tops. This separation makes the video more interesting as it adds differentiation.
I also had the idea that because the song is about someone trying to find their identity that it would be interesting if we could have the same actor in the video more than once. This would mean filming each separate character and masking them in. This would take a lot of planning and editing and so far is just an idea but I think it would look good and have a positive impact on our video. It would also mean we wouldn't have to use actors outside of our duo.
Here is a video from the youtubers 'Film Riot' who teach techniques for film making and gave me the idea for cloning:
Here is a video from the youtubers 'Film Riot' who teach techniques for film making and gave me the idea for cloning:
They also have a 'How To' on making a music video:
No comments:
Post a Comment