Wednesday, 26 November 2014

British Film Institute Visit: Practical (INCOMPLETE)

As a class we visited the British Film Institute for a talk with Pete Fraser about making music videos. The talk included a music promo history as well as tips for making a music video and a Q&A with Jake Wynne.



Good examples of student's work:

 I like how this video has been well bought through and planned. I like that it's one take and the group have clearly rehearsed the routine with all the props involved as well as smooth on-screen costume and set changes.

This group have clearly looked into multiple genres for this video, making sure they include all the conventions.



Jake Wynne:

Jake Wynne is a director and editor who has done many popular music videos such as 'Let Me Entertain You' by Robbie Williams and 'Say You'll Be There' by the Spice Girls. During the talk Jake Wynne tolds us about how he progressed up to his career now and gave tips he'd learnt through industry. I found his talk very informative and I really like the videos he has directed and editited.



No comments:

Post a Comment